The new kit has shorter arms that are also hollow, so the ESC cables will be able to go through them. It also comes with a 3d printed yaw mechanism, which works much better with the servo to provide a smoother turning system.
Assembly was quite easy, the hardest part being fitting all the cables without making a huge mess. Halfway through the build I ran out of heat shrink and I started using black tape. I also had a slight problem with the motors: the shaft extended slighly longer than David's motor holders, so I had to add washers and then the screws were not long enough…
Long story short, I stopped the build video I was recording embarrased by the way the build was turning. In the end it didn't turn out that bad though, and I managed to get flying.
Flying was much more stable than with my first Tricopter. I could almost have it stop midair, the only problem left being the PID settings, I'll get to those a bit later.
I went to a field near my house with my dad for some flying and recording, I'll show some of that below. Although it ended up in quite a big crash… Pictures of that after the video. Since I have to rebuild it, I decided to take proper photos and video and do a better build this time.
Videos, photos, and the new build will be up soon :)